voyager

HELP PLS

I have posted two  files one MP3 and the other a AVI, If I log In as myself I can Open both files,

If I sign in as a Guest I cannot open or save the files is this normsl I only want to post MP3 files

to the site.  What an I doing wrong (I'm not old just suffer  re-ceeding youth !)

Many thanks for any advice

Dave

Welcome Dave,

that's just the way the forum is set up, nothing wrong on your side. You must be logged in to view any attachment posted by anyone. There's pros and cons to doing it that way, other forums are set up differently. No point in debating, I guess.

What's wrong with that for you?

Nice recordings, by the way!

As RAc says, if you are logged in then you can access your files, if you are a guest then you cannot.

I can hear them just fine (very nice too) but the audio is rather quiet.  You could use an audio normalization program to adjust the audio level before posting.  Mp3gain is a free open source normalization program that is available on most platforms, but there are lots of others out there including Audacity.

BTW.  You will not be able to upload very much audio or video to this forum site, each user has quite a small allocation.  You probably need to find somewhere else to store these files (Youtube, Instagram or SoundCloud) and the emded links in your posts instead of the files.

Edited by Don Taylor

Many thanks for the info, I had thought it might be log in before accessing members work

I have used Audacty for windows, will try and get balance better, but microphone is a cheapo

less than £5.00 from Tesco ! so I cannot complain.

Again many thanks will now and try with MP3 and a PDF of the dots in the correct forum.

Regards

Dave