Anglo-German, but different

What do you folks think of this eBay item?

The visible hardware - air lever and air grille - are definitely German. In fact the grille looks identical to the one on my small, single-voiced Bandoneon dating from around 1900. The button arrangement also looks very similar (though not identical) to  my Bandoneon's; however the hexagonal shape and the foliate fretwork look more English.

I'd love to see a pic of the innards of it. The positioning of the fretwork makes me think of the German-style, parallel lever arrangement. I would assume it has traditional German reeds mounted 10 to a plate, but it would be nice to know whether they're mounted on the back of the action-board or in reed-banks,  and whether they're single- or double-voiced.

I don't know if you'd call it pretty - but it certainls looks interesting!

Cheers, John

12 hours ago, Daniel Hersh said:

I'd guess it's basically a six-sided German-made bandonion.

That would be my guess, too. The button arrangement is not consistent with other German concertinas (e.g. Carlsfelder or Chemnitzer), and certainly not with an Anglo.

I've asked the seller if he has photos of the inside, with reeds and action. Let's wait and see!

Cheers,

John

Update: No, the seller is not willing to provide internal photos "at this point in time, after so many bids."

If the photos showed what I would expect them to show, he'd have a high bidder - but as it is, it's a pig in a poke. Pity!

Cheers,

John