Disproportionally Loud Anglo Reed

The push G reed on button C5 of my wife's metal ended 30b C/G Lachenal is intrusively  louder than neighbouring notes. All other aspects are fine.

Any ideas please about why,  or of any reasonably simple remedies  ?  I tried a search with no success so apologies if this is an old topic.

Thanks.

Rob

Robin.

Often changing the reed tongue set to be lower toward the shoe will result in less volume.  Changing to a thicker (or "fluffier") valve opposite (on the other side of the reed pan) the offending note can also mitigate a volume problem.

The Carroll Concertina site has some very helpful maintenance and adjustment tips with videos  including your specific problem.  https://www.carrollconcertinas.com/repair-resources.html

Greg

8 hours ago, Robin Tims said:

The push G reed on button C5 of my wife's metal ended 30b C/G Lachenal is intrusively  louder than neighbouring notes. All other aspects are fine.

Any ideas please about why,  or of any reasonably simple remedies  ?  I tried a search with no success so apologies if this is an old topic.

Thanks.

Rob

First time post,

Would anyone be able to direct me towards someone who sells reeds?  Presumably they come in shoes?

Concertina Spares in the UK say that they sell used reeds, but folks here have reported difficulty getting in contact with Mark Adey at CS.  However, the web-site was apparently updated this month so maybe he is back.

BTW.  You really should start your own forum topic rather than hijacking somebody else's topic about a different subject.