English concertina tuition needed

Jinje

Hi all, 

I have been teaching myself to play the English concertina on an old student model Lachenal and an Italian Bastari

and really need classes or teachers in the Newcastle upon Tyne area. The Sage in Gateshead doesn’t seem to do anything. Does anyone have any info or any point me in the right direction?

1 hour ago, Jinje said:

I have been teaching myself to play the English concertina ... and really need classes or teachers in the Newcastle upon Tyne area. The Sage in Gateshead doesn’t seem to do anything. Does anyone have any info or any point me in the right direction?

I know that there are players in the Newcastle area (I've met them in sessions on rare visits), though I don't know who, if any of them, teach.

I'm surprised at what you say about Sage.  Aren't they involved with Folkworks, which was started by Alistair Anderson?  Even if that's only during the summer and for "youth" (I don't really know, though I get that impression from a quick internet search), I would think that someone associated with Folkworks would know about individuals who could tutor you, even if there are no group classes.

Or maybe Theo Gibb, of The Box Place, would know someone he'd be willing to recommend?