Sign in to follow this  
Ken_Coles

Workshop 5 Oct., NYC, Brenda Castles

I just spotted this on the thesession.org and it may be of interest. I am not associated with organizing this event, nor do I have other details, but the links may tell you more. (I see a class taught by our own Doug Barr at the same venue!).

Ken

notice on The Session

Workshop announcement

I had the pleasure of taking Brenda’s class in the Catskills a couple of summers back. It was excellent. Brenda is warm, funny, and a terrific teacher. She is also (pretty important) a terrific concertina player. Her CD, “Indeedin You Needn’t Bother” is great too.

I took Brenda's class at the St Louis Tionol this year. She is indeed an excellent teacher - we had a wide range of levels and she still had something for everybody. It was a fun class and very helpful to see up close how she was playing. I particularly appreciated that if you sound the instrument at inappropriate times, she will give you The Look. If you don't stop, she will Have A Pointed Word. I assume that after that comes The Boot but we never reached that point :)