Contacting Frank Edgley

Sent an email to Frank Edgley hoping to discuss potential options for a custom concertina; haven't heard back in several hours. Don't know if a wait is expected or not; though I would imagine he's quite busy filling orders etc. Just wondering if anyone here knows as I'm quite keen to hear back from him.

5 hours ago, JS336 said:

No answer so far; it's been a good few hours now. Doesn't look like anything's going to happen at this rate.

A few "hours"?

If he were constantly checking his email, he wouldn't have time to make any concertinas.  If I sent an inquiry to a maker, I'd be pleased if I got a reply within a week.

• Like 3

On 8/1/2019 at 3:57 PM, Pgidley said:

Hmm sounds like you'd be better off getting in touch with Colin Dipper for your custom build!

Yeah, would make a good joke. "Have you heard of the guy who contacted Colin 10 years ago and finally got an answer? He was shocked by such a quick response!" ?

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

Yeah, would make a good joke. "Have you heard of the guy who contacted Colin 10 years ago and finally got an answer? He was shocked by such a quick response!" ?

I contacted Colin a long time ago (20 years or so) about a replacement for a bass concertina reed which had broken.

I had a replacement within a week.

Not many people would be able to do that or provide that level of service.

I won’t hear a word against him.

Steve

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I contacted Colin a long time ago (20 years or so) about a replacement for a bass concertina reed which had broken.

I had a replacement within a week.

Not many people would be able to do that or provide that level of service.

I won’t hear a word against him.

Steve

Darn, my third post in like five years and I manage to make someone angry, I have not lost the touch! ? I was just kidding, I own a Dipper concertina and they've always been super nice to me. It's just an "inside joke" and was not meant as an insult. 

• Like 1

Chill, dudes and/or dudettes!  We're just egging on the OP!  BTW, JS, did you hear back from Edgley?  We know you are wanting a custom job, but welcome to the world of hurry up and wait....

The custom builders call their own tunes...