Anyone Have a Verb?

I've been wondering about a verb to use when i'm playing my concertina.  For guitar (and some other stringed instruments, at least in the US) we use "picking".  What about concertina?

10 minutes ago, rlgph said:

I've been wondering about a verb to use when i'm playing my concertina.

5 minutes ago, Mikefule said:

Squeezing, playing

I agree with Mike.  Both of those words are commonly used, and I can't think of any other term that's common.

I think i like squeeze best, especially with the past tense of squoze.  Twiddle is also kind of appealing, as is noodling, which pretty much describes my playing on all my instruments.

11 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

what about "operate"?

let me operate my concertina for a while... 

I've never used -- nor heard used -- the word "operate" for playing a concertina... nor any other musical instrument.

However, I have many times "operated on" my concertina, when something needed to be adjusted or fixed.  8^)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimLucas said:

I've never used -- nor heard used -- the word "operate" for playing a concertina... nor any other musical instrument.

However, I have many times "operated on" my concertina, when something needed to be adjusted or fixed.  8^)

In comic announcements for our Morris side, I will sometimes refer to one of the musicians as an "accordion operator" or a "concertina owner".