Lachenal New Model 60 key for sale

JS336

Putting this back up for sale here: a Lachenal New Model 60 key extended treble. A quality, classic, vintage Lachenal instrument dating from the 1930s. The treble range extends upwards beyond the range of a 48 key, with the very highest A having been converted to an air button. Bought from Barleycorn Concertinas a few months ago for £1450, going now for only £1150 o.v.n.o. with postage to anywhere in the mainland uk for only £30.00 (or, if you're nearby, you're more than welcome to collect in person!) . In great condition; looks very smart and plays extremely well with a smooth action and lovely mellow tone; a joy to play. Made a tough decision to sell it because I hardly play it at all and I'd rather it went to someone who'll use it.  If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.  

100_0131.JPG

100_0132.JPG

100_0133.JPG

100_0135.JPG

100_0141.JPG

100_0142.JPG

It's a lovely instrument, and potentially a good buy for somebody, though it's probably some 40 years older than you think. New Models with a paper name label and a quatrefoil cutout on the left side (for the serial number) were made in the late 1880s/early 1890s. From the late 1890s onwards you'd expect them to have an engraved nickel silver name label set into the right, and a nickel silver lozenge engraved with the serial number on the left, hand side.