Wheatstone Extended Treble English Concertina (PRICE REDUCED)

mandobaron

I had this fixed up by the Button Box in 2017. It is tuned to concert pitch, the grill work was secured to avoid further damage (which happened before I bought it), and (removable) wrist straps were added. This may not be the prettiest concertina you've ever seen, but it's one of the best sounding I've ever played. Leather reinforcement band across back of the case. Serial Number is 36577

$2750 Reduced to $2000 plus shipping to CONUS

Thanks,

Baron

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

Edited by mandobaron

• 2 weeks later...

$2000 plus shipping CONUS?

Let me know if I am way off in my assessment here, but this seems to be a fair price as far as I can tell. Always hoping to learn more though!

Thanks,

Baorn

Edited by mandobaron

35 minutes ago, mandobaron said:

Let me know if I am way off in my assessment here, but this seems to be a fair price as far as I can tell.

Now that you're asking, just one remark: Your basic assumption as per your FB ad seems to be a bit misled. A tenor treble (as of the Button Box stock) will fetch a much higher price than an extended treble. The button count is the same, but the exentension upwards is not very popular at the moment, and the larger reeds and dimensions of a tenor treble mean higher production costs and thus greater value in any event.

With your reduced asking price you're certainly heading in the right direction, however not anybody might be interested in acquiring an instrument with damaged fretwork, so apart from reducing (or having reduced) the price you simply might have to be patient and wait for a match - or make it a definite bargain if pressed for time...

Best wishes - ?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
grammar

• 5 weeks later...