Padraig Rynne

• 5 months later...

Excellent musicianship.

I've been playing the first tune in this set for a few months now - nowhere near as good as Padraig though. Does anyone know the name of the tune and who wrote it?

I've written some notation for this but am reluctant to publish in case it is covered by copyright.

Thanks

Rich.

14 hours ago, Richard Farmery said:

Excellent musicianship.

I've been playing the first tune in this set for a few months now - nowhere near as good as Padraig though. Does anyone know the name of the tune and who wrote it?

I've written some notation for this but am reluctant to publish in case it is covered by copyright.

Thanks

Rich.

I'd say that's Sunny Hills of Beara by John Dwyer

A direct link works Daniel. I think elements of the original post got blocked because of the Facebook trackers in it.

The tune is one of the 'pop tunes' this summer. I have come across it numerous times and have it on a 'to do' list. John Dwyer recorded it on his own Cd some years ago.

Glór is putting on a bit more traditional music after a bit of a lull. Which is a good thing, it's a nice venue. Tonight has the big Mary MacNamara do : https://glor.ie/events/morglor-award-concert-2019-celebrating-mary-macnamara/

• 2 weeks later...