Duet Recordings

• 5 months later...

I can announce that with the help of Wes Williams and Daniel Hersh a number of new artists and additional recordings have been posted they include

Ralphie Jordan, Reuben Shaw, The Derwent Trio, Michael Hebbert, Paul McCann

and another three recordings from Leslie Heneker which includes her playing The Teddy Bears Picnic. This is for those of you who are daily walking in the countryside.

Your comments are most welcome 

There are more recordings in the pipe line to follow.

Thank you for your continuing support

Al        (The link is on my last posting )

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In case you're wondering what's been added:

Two 100+ year old recordings from Ernest Rutterford:  The Middy and Old Faithful.

Contemporary recordings from George Gonzalez (Hayden) and Rob Neal, Gilbert Carrère, and Colin Whyles (Maccann)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Over eleven thousand viewings on the Duet recordings page .Many thanks for your support, recordings and comments.

I am really sorry Duet International did not happen but with your help this Duet collection has more than made up for the initial disappointment.

Al

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks, of course, for this wonderful resource.  Selections seem to be playable one-at-a-time as you click each link.  Is there any way to download these and place them on a disc so that multiple pieces may be listened to without the need to sit at one's computer?

5 hours ago, mandojoe said:

Thanks, of course, for this wonderful resource.  Selections seem to be playable one-at-a-time as you click each link.  Is there any way to download these and place them on a disc so that multiple pieces may be listened to without the need to sit at one's computer?

They are stored in many different places and formats. Whether you can download them is up to each provider (soundcloud, etc.). One thing you can certainly do is make analog audio recordings of the headphone output and digitize that. You’d lose a little in sound quality, but it would hardly be noticeable, if at all.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Maybe ... in the dead of winter ... when the garden and the house are no longer beckoning for my attention ... and ice sheets the ground so that the dogs would rather stay inside ... I might find the time for such a project.  Lots of great recordings here!

• 9 months later...
21 hours ago, Alan Day said:

New Geoff Lakeman and Polly Garland recordings now added thanks to both players.

Thank you Wes for your technical work adding these two lovely players to our collection.

Al

Page is at http://www.concertinas.org.uk/DuetAudio.htm .  Polly (who died in 2020) and Geoff are both excellent Crane players.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...