Lachenal 79001 Restoration

• 4 weeks later...

Its good to see innovation on making good reproduction bellows papers, however, from my experience, black background papers are beat on paper that is black all the way through, otherwise you get an amateurish white border to your papers from the cut edge. This white looks very stark between the black of the printed face and the black of the leather, it tried inking or staining it black after cutting, it was just messy and still did not look very good.

Dave

3 hours ago, d.elliott said:

Its good to see innovation on making good reproduction bellows papers, however, from my experience, black background papers are beat on paper that is black all the way through, otherwise you get an amateurish white border to your papers from the cut edge. This white looks very stark between the black of the printed face and the black of the leather, it tried inking or staining it black after cutting, it was just messy and still did not look very good.

Dave

The first couple sets I made had the white edges when cut but I went around it with a black sharpie and it worked great, looks uniform, and wasn’t messy at all.  An ink pad was very messy as it doesn’t dry fast but a good permanent marker like a sharpie works.  If someone would make papers with solid black papers I would buy them but they all seem to be made from white paper.  Marking the edges is quite time consuming.

Seth

Edited by Seth

• 2 weeks later...