Looking for octave (below) C/G Anglo

David Levine

If I understand correctly, ESB is a baritone(1 octave below) and Cormac plays both baritone and bass(2 octaves below). I am not sure the one in the clip is a baritone or a bass. As far as I know, Dipper makes bass anglo. ?

Edited by Takayuki YAGI

I have a Dipper C/G in baritone tuning (octave below).  It's a 30 key, metal ends/buttons with the usual gold banding, it has a Dipper leather-covered hard case..  One of the nice points is that the buttons are proportionately large in diameter, so it retains the appearance of a 'normal' sized 30 key when viewed without other concertinas for reference.  It's in almost unplayed condition, but in fairness i'd say it is certainly not as fast as a regular C/G. I'm not a player of ITM, so wouldn't like to attest to it's suitability, but Colin's instruments are very good as you'll undoubtedly know. I bought it a good few years ago from Chris Algar (who else!!) and I think it was made in the late 80's, but that is just a guess/half remembered info.

The problem is that I'm nervous about selling across the Atlantic (cost/insurance/safety), perhaps you have an intermediary friend who could have a look at itfor you  before you commit?  I will be at The Sidmouth Festival at the beginning of August, so maybe that might help? I did this for another US buyer (Dan Worral) who knew Roger Digby and we met up at Sidmouth last year so Roger could check-out and report back on a Jeffries I was selling.

Otherwise, any thoughts you may have would be welcomed.  I'm in no hurry to sell - I use it very occasionally for songs - so I'm happy to wait out an arrangement if you're interested.  I haven't fixed a price, but could discuss this through the Personal Message channel if you are seriously considering it.  I can, of course email photos ( I don't seem to be able to get them onto this site very easily)  and supply a video. Best regards Al.

Edited by doodle
  • Like 1

Just to update the discussion, there are currently 3 responders interested in my Dipper Baritone, for which I am very grateful.  I am discussing with David Levine, as he was the first to answer my posting, and I will let the other 2 c.netters know any outcome. I will use the PM service and email as each requests.  Thanks once again to all. If sold, a donation will be made to the site.