Jeffries Anglo Repair on BBC iplayer

'The Repair Shop' programme on the Beeb recently featured the restoration of a c.1890s Jeffries 38 key anglo by Roger Thomas, with the case restoration by Suzie Fletcher. You've got just under two weeks to watch it on iplayer here.

Edited by wes williams

The reason you can't watch the program in a geographic location outside of the UK is that the iPlayer recognises your IP as not being assigned to the UK.

Here's the way round this issue:

- install a VPN to your computer (I use NordVPN)

- once installed, start the VPN client and select a VPN server in UK (this will cause your IP to look like it's in UK)

- start the iPlayer and watch the program

However, the BBC may request that you confirm you have a TV license.

Hope this works.

• 2 years later...
On 1/21/2022 at 3:13 PM, wes williams said:

They have just re-broadcast a shortened 30 minute version of the programme here which appears to be available for about 3 weeks.

If I remember correctly, the 'standard' time for non-permanent BBC audio and film output is three weeks.

6 hours ago, David Barnert said:

You did nothing wrong. BBC content isn’t generally playable outside the UK (but you can fool it if you have a VPN).

If I remember correctly, the way it works is; if the service you are using is hosted on a U.K. machine, it

all works fine. If your service is hosted on a server outside the U.K, you are stuffed. This is cool if I am

at home, but it used to be the case that if I was in the local library, I was unable to look at/listen to 

stuff because the library internet service was hosted on a machine in the Republic of Ireland...

Edited by lachenal74693