Mini Concertina layout

Seth

Does anyone have pictures of a mini concertina taken apart?  I’ve seen several mini sets in photos but none showing the reed layout or action board.

Seth

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Takayuki YAGI said:

I do not have an action photo, but here is a reedpan photo of Norman 13 button miniature (accordion reeded, treble side).

sR0013643.jpg.75d8e18b0f08110557db79c13b4f2413.jpg

Thats great, the reed layout helps to give and idea of the possible layout of the action board.  I’m going to finish the 30 button first but really like the idea of the mini’s.  I have nerve issues in my right hand pinkie so I may setup the buttons like the one in the article that has 3 buttons on top and 2 below.  That is unless I decide to go with more than 5 buttons per side.  

If you were to have the 5 main G row buttons which extra buttons would you want for accidentals if only 2-3.

seth

2 hours ago, Seth said:

If you were to have the 5 main G row buttons which extra buttons would you want for accidentals if only 2-3.

In my case, it was a C row with C# and F# accidental. But if it was in G and 3 buttons top and 2 or 3 buttons below, I think Dipper layout in fig.9 (of PICA vol.9) makes sense.

• Thanks 1

I’m actually considering several variations.  I play a lot of Scandinavian music so may try my own custom setup.  I’m a bagpipe maker by trade so this is just a hobby.  I don’t intend to make these for sale for others.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, Takayuki YAGI said:

In my case, it was a C row with C# and F# accidental. But if it was in G and 3 buttons top and 2 or 3 buttons below, I think Dipper layout in fig.9 (of PICA vol.9) makes sense.

Great suggestion, I think the Dipper layout would be perfect for me and my hand issue with exception of the air button location.   The air button would need to be relocated to the thumb area like on a standard setup.

Seth

FC2E29D0-3982-4D41-8B0D-4776A10739DA.png