More Ebay Humor

for some reason this part struck me as funny:

"Bohemian polka band musician from Butler County in eastern Nebraska"

The parts I like are:

... "Wahoo, Nebraska"

... "I know next to nothing about musical instruments,..."

When it comes to concertinas, scratch that "next to".

... "...don't know what the reeds look like,..."

Hmm. But apparently does know it should have "reeds". Hmm.

... "... from the estate of a long-time Bohemian polka band musician ... who was getting out of the business and selling his collection of accordions and other instruments."

Not sure I understand. Did he die in the middle of selling his collection? :unsure:

Check out this fine piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7305569000&rd=1

Note the phrase "Plays well." Then look at the pics.

Off topic - well off topic=concertinas, Ebay humour can make you weep as well as laugh .... I spin (wool etc) - have a look at this one - at least they don't try and sell concertinas made into planters etc -or do they?

e-bay spinning wheel

Edited by spindizzy

...at least they don't try and sell concertinas made into planters etc  -or do they?

Y'mean like: Bisect a Jeffries, and in the bellows of each upended half plant an orchid (making sure you describe it as a "rare" orchid), then offer it on eBay, with a starting price of 6000 pounds?

:o :o :o :o :o :angry:

"... from the estate of a long-time Bohemian polka band musician ... who was getting out of the business and selling his collection of accordions and other instruments."

Not sure I understand.  Did he die in the middle of selling his collection? :unsure:

He probably tried to sell somebody this clunker : And they shot him ! B)

- at least they don't try and sell concertinas made into planters etc  -or do they?

Not that I've seen, but they do sell "Lawrence Welk accordian planters" ! :huh:

Take a look at this one. :blink:

Oh Stephen,

That is truly ugly.

Speaking of shooting ...

And the *crazing* seems like such a descriptive word for the lunacy of someone purchasing this hideous, well, :ph34r: green thing. :ph34r:

Oh, Malcolm,

oh oh oh

I knew I was setting myself up for something.

But hey, much as I love accordions, that thing was hideous.

Helen

I can do caps again as I moved the dog's head slightly off the keyboard. I think he wants to add his opinion of accordions. It is not nice. Course he howls at the concertina too, so what does he know. :angry:

Stephen Chambers mission in life must be to go where none of us have been before on ebay! Keep up the good work Captain Chambers! and keep us informed of the alien artifacts that you uncover on your noble trek!

Live and prosper,

Greg

Stephen Chambers mission in life must be to go where none of us have been before on ebay!  Keep up the good work Captain Chambers! and keep us informed of the alien artifacts that you uncover on your noble trek!

Live and prosper,

Greg

Um, thanks Greg (I think :huh: ).

Well, in my pursuit of free reed history I do sometimes reach the outer perimeters of the eBay galaxy, but I didn't get an example of a Klingon "may'ron" yet, so I'm still searching ... :unsure:

P.S. I bet it's Helen bidding on that Lawrence Welk planter really, she just doesn't like to admit it ! ;) (Ducks and runs for cover :P)

Trek on !

Well.. if I was a PA-player, I would really die to get this green Laurence Welk delight  :lol:

But then we would have to "plant" a PA-player, not just the accordion ! :rolleyes:

I'm reminded of the joke about the man who was going around the Irish bars in New York, trying to raise the money to give his accordion-playing friend a decent burial : He went up to the fiddle player Michael Coleman asking for "Five dollars to bury an accordion player", only to be told "Here's ten, why don't you bury two of them !" :blink:

Now where's my melodeon ... ;)

Ah Stephen, you better take your ducks and run.

I LOVED the story.

I am not forgiving you for introducing me to ebay. However, that green MONSTROSITY is not coming to my home.

:lol: the only singing I'm likely to do is this smiley :lol:

...they do sell "Lawrence Welk accordian planters" !  :huh:

Take a look at this one.  :blink:

Contrary to the seller's description, I think that's supposed to be a vase, not a planter.

So I'm thinking that if I could get it cheap I could fill it with salt water...

... and several whelks, every one of which I would name "Larry". :)

...they do sell "Lawrence Welk accordian planters" !  :huh: Take a look at this one.  :blink:

Contrary to the seller's description, I think that's supposed to be a vase, not a planter.

I actually have one of those which I got off eBay a few years ago. I can report that it does not make a good planter or vase. The main reason is that it is very tippy. Note the small "footprint". It doesn't take much of an asymetrical topheavy weight to make it fall over.... But a few celluloid flowers - okay!

One of these days I'm going to get tired of picking it up and use it for our limerick contest prize at the NESI....