Jeffries G/D 30 key for sale - now sold

Little John

Please note: this is now sold and on its way to a new life in Germany. A donation will be made to this forum.

A Jeffries 30 button anglo in G/D. I only realised when I opened it up to take photos that I've had this for 22 years. When I received it the bellows were torn so it was unplayable. It was fully restored by C & R Dipper. Besides the usual things the ends were re-plated and new 7-fold bellows fitted. I played it seriously for a year or two, but then gradually reverted to the Crane duet so it's rarely touched nowadays. The Dipper hand straps show signs of use, but otherwise it's still pretty much in its restored condition. I'm never going to take it up seriously again and besides, I'm waiting for my new Alex Holden Crane so I need the shelf space!

It was re-tuned from A/E, as Colin indicates on the inside, but he said at the time it was actually somewhere between A/E and Ab/Eb. That seems odd, but perhaps the "F.CONCERT . OLD" stamped on one side might give a clue. It also states "No 2 . 1926". Anyway, we agreed that since it had to be re-tuned then G/D made most sense.

Photographs below, but if you can get to Hampshire you're welcome to try it.

I'm looking for £4,200. Buyer chooses courier and insurance at own expense or, even better, collects. Includes hard, non-fitted case. An appropriate donation will made to C.net in the event of a sale from this site.

LJ

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

Edited by Little John