48 Button Bastari (I think) English Concertina For Sale

JP8181

Hey Everyone!

First, let me thank you all. I have read a bunch about concertinas over the last few days, and without the information found here in the forums wouldn't of had any idea what kind of instrument I had.

I picked this up at an estate sale last week. I played it a little bit and it appears to be in tune, the bellow is in good shape and the body and case are both very good for its age. It was purchased from the original owner (who told me he dabbled on it some a number of years back). While I like to learn new instruments don't think I'm gonna have the time to learn concertina. I am a jazz pianist and I like to play free reeds but I think I'll stick to my melodica (which is something I'm still working on!).

I think this would be a great opportunity for someone wanting to learn or maybe buy an English concertina without spending a huge amount of money. Any other information that you could provide on this thing would be appreciated. I'm asking for $399.99 on Ebay/Reverb (https://www.ebay.com/itm/254162924957?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649), but I'm open to offers as well. If I make a sale on the website I'll donate more than the normal 2%. Thanks for looking and reading.

J

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

Edited by JP8181
updated link

I updated the listing to reflect internal pictures. The reeds are super clean and the bellow is clean inside and out as well. I tested its tuning to a strobe tuner, and it is about 10 cents sharp all around.

If anyone might be interested, please feel free to shoot me a message. I'd rather it go to someone in the community that might get some good use out of it.

Updated Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254162924957?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 

Edited by JP8181