Ab/Eb 20 Button Anglo Concertina for sale

Peter Smith

Refurbished Ab / Eb 20 button Lachenal anglo concertina (number 111825).

The fretted ends are solid and in good condition, thought there is some wear due to its age (see pictures). The concertina has steel reeds which are free of rust and at concert pitch (though may need a bit of fine tuning). The only quirk in the tuning is the lowest note on the left hand lower row is a G (G3) rather than Eb (Eb3). Also, one of the low Eb reeds is cracked but still plays OK. The concertina has its original 5-fold bellows which are sound and have no discernible leaks. All valves and pads, button bushes and button dampers have been replaced. Where needed, new springs have been inserted. The concertina also comes with new hand straps and a fully refurbished wooden case. The concertina plays well and has a nice feel to it. Please see the pictures, which form part of the description. 

Also listed on E-bay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333105159207 with a couple of sound clips and more pictures

831456577_19-03Ab-EbRight-handend.thumb.JPG.796a1e4c9f098130228e98dbcd24b6ec.JPG.

I am looking for £350 or a near offer.

19-03 Ab-Eb Left-hand end.JPG

19-03 Ab-Eb Bellows.JPG

Yes, that should be possible. DPD & Hermes offer postage at around £30, if you would be happy to pay that price & with the courier.

Would you like a detailed layout of the keys just to make sure its what you are looking for?

Regards

Peter

On 3/11/2019 at 9:55 AM, Peter Smith said:

Refurbished Ab / Eb 20 button Lachenal anglo concertina (number 111825).

The only quirk in the tuning is the lowest note on the left hand lower row is a G (G3) rather than Eb (Eb3).

Is that not normal? These days I'm only familiar with the Wheatstone 40-key layout, but on that the lowest button on the inside row is (on push) the third for that key, so indeed G if that row is Eb. The low keynote (Eb in this case) is available on the other row, so duplicating it on the bottom row would be a waste, especially on a instrument with only 20 buttons altogether.

1 minute ago, Richard Mellish said:

The low keynote (Eb in this case) is available on the other row, so duplicating it on the bottom row would be a waste

It depends on the playing style. For me the base note in this position is indeed very helpfull, whereas I have no real use for the third note of the scale in this position.