This item is currently on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7305320887

item #7305320887--see listing for Many More Pictures

This is my personal concertina --have played it for many years and

it has been well cared for.

It is AS DESCRIBED in ebay listing.

Check out the listing--you can contact me by scrolling down the

listing and click on ***Questions? Click here to write us***

This seems to have quite coarse fretwork.  Anybody any idea where this would be in the Wheatstone model heirarchy of the time?

The ledger lists it as a model No. 21, which was the least expensive one with metal ends, at a price of £11 0s 0d. For comparison, the cheapest model on my price list was No. 1a at £3 3s 0d, and the nearest to this one was No. 4, with flat rosewood ends, at £10 10s 0d. No. 17, the 48-key ebony-ended Æola, cost £18 10s 0d.

I would expect 28059 to probably have a mahogany action board and brass-wire levers (similar to a Jeffries). It should be a good session instrument, with lots of poke. I recollect that Robin Morton used to favour this model when he was playing with Boys of the Lough.

Jim,

I see that it's listed as an S.V. W.S., though the slot for the "single valve" wind key is now empty, and only the thumb screws for the "wrist straps" remain.

I see that it's listed as an S.V. W.S., though the slot for the "single valve" wind key is now empty, and only the thumb screws for the "wrist straps" remain.

And as was standard, there are actually slots for "valves" in the fretwork of both sides, but usually only the right-hand one actually contained a lever.