Finding new posts

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere but I don't know where to look.

For Mudcat there is an add-on that (inter alia), when you re-open a thread, takes you to the first new post since your last visit to that thread.

Another web forum that I frequent not only shows threads with new content in bold (like here) but also has a "Go to first unread" feature.

On here, the bold title shows that there is content that I have not yet read, but how do I get straight to it?

When I visit, I hit "unread content" in the uppper right (rather small typeface on my web browser). That gives me a list of topics with new or unread posts. To go to the first post since my last read of a thread, on the resulting list I click on the large dot (or star, if I've posted in that thread) just to the left of the thread title. Finally, because threads now pile up faster than I can read them (even though, as an admin, I should read everything), now and then I click "Mark site read" to do just that (clean the whole list of old threads) and start anew the next time.

I'm moving this thread to the "Help" forum; "Official Business" is really for Paul to post items.

Ken

2 hours ago, Ken_Coles said:

When I visit, I hit "unread content" in the uppper right (rather small typeface on my web browser). That gives me a list of topics with new or unread posts.

A hint if you can’t see ‘unread content’ and you are reading on a tablet device like an iPad, then turn the tablet sideways to get landscape mode. If you are in portrait mode, then the dynamic sizing seems to hide the unread content option.