My Wheatstone Baritone Treble

As mentioned in a previous post I am very happy with my purchase of this instrument.   Although I am still in my first year of playing there are some niggling points like a number of notes slow to respond.   Its such a lovely Aeola that I have decided it really should be brought back to its best as far as playability is concerned.   I have contacted Steve Dickinson and discussed the matter and will give him another call the middle of next month to make arrangements to send it down.    Just hope I can survive the period it is away.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Will be taking my Aeola down to Steve Dickinson on the 10th March.  He will then be able to give me an idea of the work to be done and how long I'll be without it.   I will miss it whilst it's with him but I believe in the longer term it will be well worth it for both me and the Aeola.   

Edited by Rich C R

• 2 weeks later...

Delivered my baritone treble to Steve Dickinson yesterday,  it is going to have a complete action rebuild together with reedwork overhaul & tune.    Really glad I took this step as I am sure the end result will be well worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Geoff Wooff said:

I'd be looking  for  a  rebate of  the person you bought it from... unless  the  faults  were taken into consideration  in the price.

To be fair Geoff, the seller did offer to sort the slow responding keys if I took it to him and he would do it while I waited.  He also offered me my money back.   However, by this time I had fallen in love with the box and wanted it to receive the best attention.    

Spoke with Steve today and the good news is he should have it finished this week.   I will be collecting it in person, a round trip of about 850 miles.   If at all possible I'll collect over the weekend.??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've collected my Aeola from Steve, he had it exactly four weeks.    I have to say I am absolutely delighted with the work carried out, it plays so well now, a real pleasure.   The difference is amazing and I am really 'over the moon', Steve has done a wonderful job and I cant thank him enough.    

There is no excuse for me now, so its head down and really learn how to play and get the best from this lovely instrument.

Edited by Rich C R

On 4/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Wolf Molkentin said:

so now we're eagerly anticipating your posting the first soundfile... ?

All the best - ?

Sorry Wolf but I fear you may well have a long wait till I am confident enough to post a soundfile....but I shall persevere....?

• Like 1