SSI 2019: 20th annual Scandinavian Squeeze-In

Scandinavian Squeeze-In

April 26-28, 2019

(last weekend in April)

This will be our 20th annual SSI.

Not a school nor a festival, but a weekend of squeezers

sharing with and learning from each other.

Once again in the main scout house at Gamlegård, in Torna Hällestad, Skåne (southern Sweden). All squeezers and would-be squeezers are invited. (In fact, non-squeezers and even non-musician accompanying persons are welcome if they don't mind our obsession.)

Please see our web site -- http://www.nonce.dk/SSI/ -- for much more information,
including and especially the pages
What We Do and Practical Details

You can book your place now.

--------

(Spreading the word to other squeezers is welcome, of course. (The ICA and melodeon.net are covered, but I'm not yet a member of Facebook nor do I frequent other concertina or accordion/melodeon sites.)

Edited by JimLucas
Add a bit more information.

9 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Alas! It's at the same weekend as the german concertina meeting near Munich.

Sigh!

After the first couple of SSIs (2000 & 2001), it was decided that the SSI would always* be the last full weekend in April, and it has been consistently advertised as such ever since.  Other weekends seem to move around, but we keep ours fixed so that if they want to avoid a conflict with us, they know how to do so.

* Since 2002 there have been two exceptions to that rule:

• In 2006, the SSI was postponed so as not to conflict with one of our planners giving birth.  The resulting confusion and conflicts convinced us that we should not again reschedule even for such a reason.
  • In 2013 we were forced to reschedule to a week earlier because of a priority problem with booking our location.  We are now assured that this problem won't recur.
Edited by JimLucas
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Plans for this year's SSI have been proceeding nicely.

But did you email the SSI and not get a reply?

I've been having erratic and inconsistent problems with my emails, both coming and going.

E.g., of 10 emails sent to one friend, she received 6 of them, one was "rejected" by Gmail, and three disappeared without a trace.  Meanwhile, another friend replied to two of my emails, but I never received those replies, nor did he receive any notice that they weren't delivered.  And that's only the tip of the "iceberg".  But so far, no cause has been identified.

So I request that if anyone here has sent an email saying you intend/would like to join us and has not received a reply, please send me a Personal Message here on concertina.net.  It could be that I didn't receive your email, or it could be that I replied and you didn't receive my reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Last chance:  Booking deadline extended to Wednesday, April 17, 2019.

You can PM me here.

Scandinavian Squeeze-In

April 26-28, 2019

(last weekend in April)

This will be our 20th annual SSI. 

Not a school nor a festival, but a weekend of squeezers

sharing with and learning from each other.

Please see our web site -- http://www.nonce.dk/SSI/ -- for much more information,

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this year's SSI was last weekend.  Everyone agrees that it was a great success, and we're already looking forward to next year's.

I'll be updating the web site and posting more information here about SSI 2020 as soon as our booking for the space is confirmed (hopefully, very soon).

I also hope to find time to post some description and photos and maybe even sound files from this year, and I hope that some of the other participants will do the same.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, JimLucas said:

I'll be updating the web site and posting more information here about SSI 2020 as soon as our booking for the space is confirmed....

I'm pleased to report that not only is our booking for the scout house -- where we stay, eat, and play -- confirmed, but we've also received confirmation from the hosts of our Friday evening session and Sunday afternoon concert that we're welcome back for both events next year.

I've now updated all the basic information on our web site, and hope to soon add some comments, pictures, and maybe even sound files from this year's SSI.

I should soon start a new topic here for next year's SSI, which will be April 24-26, 2020.  Plan ahead.  :)

Edited by JimLucas