Decent case required for Baritone Treble Aeola

Rich C R

My Baritone Treble Aeola came in a modern case but the case is on the big side and there are things I don't like about it, so I am trying to find something more suitable.   Can anyone point me in the right direction?    

I should add I live in the UK.

Edited by Rich C R

Rich, I've had really good luck with the Pelican/Hardigg cases ... they're polymer and you may have to get creative with the inside, depending on whether or not you want bellows compression, etc.  They come with a customizable open-cell foam.  I usually keep the 'tina in a protective silk or velvet bag for additional finish protection.  Since they're virtually unbreakable and good water protection, I'd have a look.  

https://www.pelicancasesforless.com/t-pelican-case-sizes.aspx

I have made my own  hard cases  from  plywood....  the one  for the Baritone/Treble  is made from 5mm  thick plywood  and is strong enough to sit on.  I had  thought to cover it with leather  like the  original  case, it being the same shape  , but  it is fine with a coat of  water proof varnish.  Another case for two trebles  is  made just the correct length  for  a comfortable  seat  when turned on end.  Bellows blocking    and  internal storm collar   included.  

So, my recommendation is  to make your own.

You could try Chris Algar  who sometimes has  original cases  for sale.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

1 hour ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

Would you care to provide a pic or some of  the instrument in the look-like thread Rich? I would love to get an impression of your newly acquired BT!

Best wishes - ?

Duly posted Wolf....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff Wooff said:

I have made my own  hard cases  from  plywood....  the one  for the Baritone/Treble  is made from 5mm  thick plywood  and is strong enough to sit on.  I had  thought to cover it with leather  like the  original  case, it being the same shape  , but  it is fine with a coat of  water proof varnish.  Another case for two trebles  is  made just the correct length  for  a comfortable  seat  when turned on end.  Bellows blocking    and  internal storm collar   included.  

So, my recommendation is  to make your own.

You could try Chris Algar  who sometimes has  original cases  for sale.

It may just come to that Geoff but it would be the last resort for me as I'm not that good at that sort of thing.    I have already asked Chris.

3 hours ago, saguaro_squeezer said:

Rich, I've had really good luck with the Pelican/Hardigg cases ... they're polymer and you may have to get creative with the inside, depending on whether or not you want bellows compression, etc.  They come with a customizable open-cell foam.  I usually keep the 'tina in a protective silk or velvet bag for additional finish protection.  Since they're virtually unbreakable and good water protection, I'd have a look.  

https://www.pelicancasesforless.com/t-pelican-case-sizes.aspx

Thanks, I'll study it tomorrow to see if I can find anything suitable..