SOLD: 12 button Mini Wheatstone English (Oregon USA)

Geraghty

I have decided to sell my mini Wheatstone which I purchased about 10-12 years ago in England.  I bought it out of a love for miniature instruments, but I am an Anglo player and never really got the hang of playing this one.  It is in excellent condition barring the following two details:

1) The box it comes in needs to be re-taped along the outer hinge.  Inner hinge is solid.

2) The lowest button on the right side plays a hint of the wrong reed while pressed.  This is demonstrated in the video below.

The Wheatstone's serial number is 36774.  According to pp 101-102 of Horniman Museum ledger SD03, this dates it to November 28 1963.  It comes with a lockable hard case and two keys.  The lock works.  The box measures 7 inches long, 4 1/4 inches deep and 3 1/2 inches high.  The concertina measures 3 1/8 inches at widest point, 2 3/4 inches from flat to flat and 5 3/4 inches long including the buttons.

I am asking $2,000 US for this instrument, including shipping and insurance within the US.  I may consider best offers if it does not sell at this price.

Video demonstrating that all notes work: https://youtu.be/zosFmH2KxGQ

Larger versions of photos are available on request.

Pickup in Eugene Oregon area welcome (with a corresponding discount for shipping/insurance).

RED81334.JPG

RED81335.JPG

RED81337.JPG

RED81339.JPG

RED81340.JPG

RED81341.JPG

RED81342.JPG

RED81343.JPG

RED81344.JPG

RED81336.JPG

RED81345.JPG

Edited by Geraghty
Adding links
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Stephen, it is available.  The price includes US shipping; I would need to calculate the shipping if you are in Hong Kong as your profile indicates.

Edited by Geraghty

• Geraghty changed the title to SOLD: 12 button Mini Wheatstone English (Oregon USA)