Lachenal MacCann dates

Lofty

I have a 46 button MacCann Edeophone, serial number 2097, which I thought dates from about 1910. The large Lachenal MacCann discussed in the Buy and Sell forum is claimed to date from 1891 and has the serial number 2093. 

As as there are no ledgers, 1891 seems over precise and I imagine that Lachenal produced more MacCanns than those dates and serial numbers suggest.

Does anybody have any information which would clarify the date of mine, please?

Steve

No dates off the top of my head  but one of  the members  here  has been collecting  info on dates  for Lachenal  instruments  and may have a better Idea,  but I do think   the 1891 date  for the  MacCann  number 2O93  is  probably  too early  by at least 10 years...  

I estimate the year of manufacture for Maccann No. 2097 as 1901. The closest "marker" that I have is a bill of sell dated 8 February 1898 for Maccann No. 1819--62 key, raised metal fretwork, metal buttons, 6-fold bellows.

I already had No. 2096 (55-key Edeophone) and No. 2097 in my data. These are the first two Macann duet Edeophones in the data. No. 2098 is also there, but it is not an Edeophone.

Edited by Dowright

6 hours ago, Dowright said:

I estimate the year of manufacture for Maccann No. 2097 as 1901. The closest "marker" that I have is a bill of sell dated 8 February 1898 for Maccann No. 1819--62 key, raised metal fretwork, metal buttons, 6-fold bellows.

I already had No. 2096 (55-key Edeophone) and No. 2097 in my data. These are the first two Macann duet Edeophones in the data. No. 2098 is also there, but it is not an Edeophone.

Thanks for that, Dowright.

Steve