How often do you play your concertina?

I am fairly new to the concertina and spend the first hour and the last hour of my day playing.   As my wife is not that keen to hear my playing I have to get it in before she rises and after she has gone to bed.    My day wouldn't be complete without a good squeeze! 

Nice.  I follow something of the same pattern.  I leave my EC in the bedroom and will try to play for a few minutes in the morning before getting ready to go to the office, and then almost always a few tunes before retiring.  My wife is generally patient and long-suffering - although after practicing for weeks on "Red Haired Boy" for a program at church, she has asked I never play it again! ?

I have only been playing for about a year and a half but I try to play every day. I was playing for about an hour in the morning but then someone suggested that several shorter session were better. So right now I work on a new tune for about twenty minutes then later in the day I run through a bunch of tunes that I have worked on before and then still later a do another twenty minutes on whatever. Right now that is working on Jingle Bells to play with my grandson singing. 

But it would be easy to add a few more sessions because I just love to have it in my hands. Mind you I am not good at all but I enjoy it so

Not every day, but reasonably often. The activation energy for concertina playing is pretty low (no need to tune it up), so it's easy to pop open the box and squeeze out a tune or two when I have a few minutes in between things.

I am also fairly new (Anglo).  I try to play daily for about an hour or so.  Working on a bunch of tunes; just started a new one yesterday.  Play with a metronome when needed.  Occasionally I go to a slow tune learning session which I hope to become a regular at soon.

Mike

Like MJGray, I'm not an every-day-er. I practice in the car sometimes when I have to drive a kid to an activity and wait around. I practice in the tiny downstairs bathroom with the fan on sometimes. I sit at the kitchen table and belt out a few tunes when my family is milling about, and I'll even occasionally grab my 'tina and brazenly sit in on  impromptu Ariana Grande sing-a-longs with the kids.

But if it weren't for the weekly session, I would not have progressed much at all.

• Like 1

Not often enough. I also play guitar, mandolin and bass, and I don't play those often enough either. I need to retire so I can just play music 12 hours a day every day. However I suspect my wife has other plans for my time after I retire....