Another concertina planet

soloduet

I don't know why and I didn't check official statistics but according to the posts on youtube and on this forum it seems that a large majority of concertina players are men (maybe it's different in Ireland?). It's the reason why it's nice to watch some new videos posted by women and sometimes finding another way to play the instrument like this english concertina player who is using it in a very minimalist style to accompany her poetry:

I hesitate to ascribe this (or any) approach to gender, but it‘s interesting and appealing in any event.

My first steps on the Anglo, well, planet have brought me to occasionally thinning out or lightening my playing the EC as well, and this radical way of accompanying certainly gives another hint.

Thanks for posting - ?

1 hour ago, wunks said:

I'm finding a somewhat similar but more flowing technique works well for accompanying songs that are usually or sometimes  performed acapella.  A nice slow version of "Rollin' Down to Old Maui" would be an example.

Might be worth trying, will possibly do so myself as I‘m very dissatisfied with my previous  recording anyway, albeit mainly because of a terrible German-Accent-Syndrom ?

• Haha 1