Under Paris Skies (Sous le Ciel de Paris)

3 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

This is admirably relaxed and confident playing, David - with a somehow enigmatic concertina face that in the eyes of the beholder could very well be reflecting enjoyment to some degree I reckon...

Best wishes - ?

The big smile at the end reveals the truth.  Beautifully played. 

15 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

This is admirably relaxed and confident playing, David - with a somehow enigmatic concertina face that in the eyes of the beholder could very well be reflecting enjoyment to some degree I reckon...

11 hours ago, wunks said:

The big smile at the end reveals the truth.  Beautifully played. 

The smile, while an accurate reflection of how I feel when I’m playing, is nonetheless forced. You can see the “Concertina face” showing through in the latter parts of the video as I lose concentration and focus more on my playing than my face. As Cecil Sharp said 100 years ago (talking about morris dancers, not concertina players), “serious of countenance, yet gay of heart.”

But thank you both, and Didie and Michael for your kind words.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daniel Hersh said:

Very nice, both in arrangement and execution.

Thank you, particularly for mentioning the arrangement, which took more doing than learning to play it. See the discussion in the third interchange here. I was pleased to be able to put into practice some of what I spent years learning in serious study of music theory. I’m only sorry I’m not up to doing this sort of thing with it. That link, by the way, cues up to the relevant part of the video, but the whole thing is worth listening to from the beginning.