my first Anglo recording :)

9 minutes ago, Mikefule said:

Lovely playing.  Those are two of the simpler Morris tunes and are often overlooked, but you extract every last nuance out of them.  Good work, and all that delicacy of touch on a humble 20b too — we are not worthy, oh great one!

? Thank you so much Mike, the encouragement from your side means a lot to me here - I take it from you that I‘m on my way...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning Wolf,  So loved hearing the side-by-side comparison of the Anglo and EC on the same tune.  I listened to one tune, then the other, and then back to the first.

Really interesting.  I must admit - thought I'm in the market to upgrade my EC - I am very curious about the Anglo.  

Two questions:

1. I only play EC but am quite curious about the Anglo. Will you describe the LH accompaniment? It sounds like a bass note plus an off-beat (would you call that an oom-pah effect?) 

I'm not a great ear player but it sounds like this little tune has three chords.  I'm looking at a 20b layout chart and trying to figure out how you do what I hear. 

2.  If I were to find a place in my budget to buy a 20b Anglo, will I be frustrated? What I mean is the EC is so versatile, being chromatic.  Is a C/G Anglo quite limited by comparison? Or maybe another way to think about it is the Anglo is more specialized?

3.  Why did you not buy a G/D Anglo?

Edited by McDouglas