Jeffries 26 key Bb/F for sale

Seamus Cater

Fully and lovingly restored Jeffries 26 key Rosewood ended anglo.

Tuned down from high pitch to concert 440 Hz. New valves, pads. The cracks in the rosewood ends, inevitable with instruments of this age, have been fully repaired and the ends repolished. It is 100% stable and tested for a year already.

The bellows are made by Jürgen Suttner, they are extremely supple! All parts supplied by Suttner or Wheatstone. Receipts available.

It comes in a very luxurious self made case of high quality cowhide with pigskin interior.

This instrument has a rich and mellow sound, perfect for traditional English song accompaniment. It's not an ear splitting Jeffries, but does have a honk when you need it. It's also suitable for Irish music.

Sad to let this go but I am a duet player. Crane and Maccann. I would consider a trade for a larger Wheatstone Maccann (67 key) from the 1920's or earlier, preferably wooden ended, but curious about any larger Maccanns.

I'm asking 2,500GBP.

I'm based in Amsterdam but can ship to UK or further if necessary.

Seamus Cater

IMG_6325s.jpg

IMG_6329s.jpg

IMG_6330s.jpg

IMG_6336s.jpg

IMG_6337s.jpg

IMG_6342s.jpg

IMG_6343s.jpg

IMG_6344s.jpg

IMG_6345s.jpg

IMG_6369s.jpg

IMG_6370s.jpg

Edited by Seamus Cater

Hello Seamus, I have a 72key aeola Maccann, it is in concert pitch , Alloy ends. Thr reed frames are dural with no corrosion so it is lighter than one with brass frames . if you remember I used to be in Ipswich but we are now in Hacheston. If  this is suitable and you fancy a swop contact me by mail or phone +44(0)1738 768128.

Regards. 

Mike Acott

I played this instrument a few weeks ago and as Seamus says, it's a really nice warm sounding Anglo. Despite not really being able to do it much justice (I kept looking for the buttons that aren't there...) we made a little video that I hope gives a good impression of how it sounds. I'm sure Seamus will share it if anyone is interested.

Adrian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...