Concertina sighting in Budweiser commercial

RWL

Here's a funny Budweiser beer commercial with a concertina sighting at 24 seconds.  The original was an mp4 file which most viewers could probably open, but it was almost 5 Mb so it couldn't be attached to this thread.  The only way I could find to shrink it enough to make it attachable was to convert it to a windows wmv file - and in ntsc format.  Some on the other side of the Atlantic might not be able to view this.  If there's another workaround to make it more universally viewable let me know.  

9 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

well, the concertina sighting itself doesn't seem exactly funny to me ?

One of our concertinas falling off a piano isn't funny, but it was a square shaped instrument and I suspect it was an inexpensive ebay prop bought for the occasion.  If it had been my Edeophone, I'd be crying.

10 hours ago, alex_holden said:

VLC knows how to play it, though I had to change the aspect ratio to 16:9.

I'm glad to know it's viewable by at least some outside of the US.  VLC and Pot Player (what I use) are both good video viewers.  Whether it's viewable to Apple users or not I don't know.  

For those who can't see the video it's a classic story line - Salesman's car breaks down and he goes to a farmhouse for help.  Farmer has a pretty daughter.   Spends the night at the farmhouse. Salesman and daughter sneak off in the night, knocking a concertina off an upright piano in the process, leading to loud sounds.  Father doesn't wake up until he hears the sounds of bottle caps from the beer being popped off.

12 hours ago, malcolm clapp said:

Ditto the Pacific  ?

Don't know of a workaround, so guess I'll just have a beer instead....

Both VLC media player and Pot Player will play wmv files and both are freeware, but I wouldn't install a program just to see one file.  

Edited by RWL

5 hours ago, JimR said:

You don't need to install VLC or Pot Player. Both can be found at www.portableapps.com. Don't like either? Delete the folder you "install" (really it's just an extraction) to.

That's how applications (usually) work on the Mac too. I think RISC OS invented the idea in the '80s.