A Garden of Dainty Delights by Adrian Brown

gcoover

Or maybe we should have asked what that creature is in the mirror? Would have been perfect for Halloween!

So Adrian, I have to ask, does your Stirling engine make a sound like "cuppa cuppa cuppa"? And, how do we get it to power a concertina? 

Gary

19 hours ago, gcoover said:

Or maybe we should have asked what that creature is in the mirror? Would have been perfect for Halloween!

So Adrian, I have to ask, does your Stirling engine make a sound like "cuppa cuppa cuppa"? And, how do we get it to power a concertina? 

Gary

I was trying to use it as a tea-powered metronome, but it's difficult to keep up with it when it's under full steam...

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just come back from a long sojourn overseas, and am delighted that Adrian's book (which I 'won' because I spotted an error in one of Gary Coover's books) was waiting for me. What a beauty.

So it is back to music but Jake the cat has colonized one of Gary's books (the second I think). I forget the name of the tune, though I can hum it...

image.png

• 2 years later...

Hello - I came to this via a beautiful recording including Orange in Bloom on Youtube (where Adrain demonstrates equal temperament vs 1/4 comma meantone)  - the book looks excellent (and inspiring) but sadly doesn't look like it includes this tune  - I play a duet and would love notation on that if you have any?? many thanks 🙂

18 hours ago, Tori said:

Hello - I came to this via a beautiful recording including Orange in Bloom on Youtube (where Adrain demonstrates equal temperament vs 1/4 comma meantone)  - the book looks excellent (and inspiring) but sadly doesn't look like it includes this tune  - I play a duet and would love notation on that if you have any?? many thanks 🙂

You’re looking for notation for “Orange in Bloom”? It’s a Morris Dance tune, and in Bacon’s “A Handbook of Morris Dances.” All the music in the book is reproduced at the Morris Ring’s web site. Here’s the link for this tune:

https://themorrisring.org/sites/default/files/sheetmusic/sherborneOrangeinBloom.pdf

You’ll have to decide for yourself what to do with your left hand.

• Like 1