NESI 2018 at Chimney Corners

If I missed you there.... Sorry.  I was having a big problem with my left ear being blocked (finally got better) and conversations were a challenge. 

Then, my friend and I left early because, all totalled, we had way too many challenges. 

Hope the attendees had a great time. I did get in a little bit of playing on Friday night. 

I don't expect to bother attending any more NESIs, though we enjoyed our long drive anyway and made some other stops here and there. 

One big challenge was that, though I chose the 'lodge' accommodation over 'cabin,' the only real difference I think may be that the lodge has electricity. But this difference meant little to us because the lodge rooms have two sets of bunk beds and unless you are extremely short (I'm short, but not enough) it's not possible to really sit on the bed upright. There's no chair in the room, there was a lounge with chairs upstairs (didn't see one downstairs) but my friend can't climb stairs like that.

I sat upstairs for a while but the whole building kind of put me off so I slept sitting up in my van in the parking lot (about 1/4 mile or less up the road...too far for my friend to walk.....was not able to park where we stayed all the time).

I didn't dare to stay on Saturday after only a little sleep, had to do the drive on what steam I had left.

So I'll keep playing but I guess I ain't a NESI girl.

Edited by bellowbelle

Hi, Wendy. I’m sorry we missed each other except for a brief “Hello.” I was looking for you later, but now I know why I didn’t see you again.

9 hours ago, bellowbelle said:

One big challenge was that, though I chose the 'lodge' accommodation over 'cabin,' the only real difference I think may be that the lodge has electricity.

Are the cabins heated? The lodge was, and this was the weekend for it.

9 hours ago, bellowbelle said:

But this difference meant little to us because the lodge rooms have two sets of bunk beds and unless you are extremely short (I'm short, but not enough) it's not possible to really sit on the bed upright.

Not all the rooms have double decker beds.