20-Year Anniversary of Concertina.net

Seems funny - Paul, we met at 1998 NHICS, right?, which was in mid-September. (The only years I went when it was at Bucksteep were 1997 and 1998.) Your web page had been up for some months - my recollection says a year, but I could be wrong. If I dig around at my other house, I can probably find a printout of it that I made back then. Time for some archaeology.

Then again, I could just be getting senile!

Ken

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken_Coles said:

Seems funny - Paul, we met at 1998 NHICS, right?, which was in mid-September. (The only years I went when it was at Bucksteep were 1997 and 1998.) Your web page had been up for some months - my recollection says a year, but I could be wrong. If I dig around at my other house, I can probably find a printout of it that I made back then. Time for some archaeology.

Then again, I could just be getting senile!

Ken

Hey Ken, yes, the site certainly started earlier, but it only officially became "Concertina.net" I guess when I actually registered the domain name, which apparently as this day 20 years ago.

Thanks for coming along for the ride my friend!

Paul

• Thanks 1

Thanks from me too: firstly for setting the forum up and maintaining it, but also for the firm but fair moderation. There have been a few occasions when things were getting a bit out of control, but the moderation has restored decorum promptly.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Barnert said:

Thanks and congratulations, Paul.

I came late to the game, I believe in 2002.

David, you're a master of many things, now adding understatement ?

Joined as late as just seven years ago myself - have left my "thank you" last Tuesday but am now jumping at the chance to repeat that explicitely!

Best wishes - ?

• Like 1