Sign in to follow this  
Paul Schwartz

20-Year Anniversary of Concertina.net

Seems funny - Paul, we met at 1998 NHICS, right?, which was in mid-September. (The only years I went when it was at Bucksteep were 1997 and 1998.) Your web page had been up for some months - my recollection says a year, but I could be wrong. If I dig around at my other house, I can probably find a printout of it that I made back then. Time for some archaeology.

Then again, I could just be getting senile!

Ken

• Like 1

Congratulations Paul!

Concertina.net has helped me so much. Lots of information, fun and mucho sexy concertinas.

Richard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken_Coles said:

Seems funny - Paul, we met at 1998 NHICS, right?, which was in mid-September. (The only years I went when it was at Bucksteep were 1997 and 1998.) Your web page had been up for some months - my recollection says a year, but I could be wrong. If I dig around at my other house, I can probably find a printout of it that I made back then. Time for some archaeology.

Then again, I could just be getting senile!

Ken

Hey Ken, yes, the site certainly started earlier, but it only officially became "Concertina.net" I guess when I actually registered the domain name, which apparently as this day 20 years ago.

Thanks for coming along for the ride my friend!

Paul

• Thanks 1

Congrats, Paul, and once again, thanks for all your work in providing this wonderful resource.  I think I was in at the beginning, or very close to it, and have enjoyed all 20 years.

• Like 1

Paul -- congratulations and thank you!  This site has provided a great service to the concertina world.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for being here and putting this together.  I joined you guys in the earlish 2000s, but lost my username and password. But I enjoyed checking out the posts as a guest and finally re-registered a couple of years ago.  I learned so much here!

• Like 1

Thanks from me, too!

I've learned a lot in the forum, widened my free-reed horizons, and hopefully given a few useful tips in return.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

Thanks from me too: firstly for setting the forum up and maintaining it, but also for the firm but fair moderation. There have been a few occasions when things were getting a bit out of control, but the moderation has restored decorum promptly.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Barnert said:

Thanks and congratulations, Paul.

I came late to the game, I believe in 2002.

David, you're a master of many things, now adding understatement 😁

Joined as late as just seven years ago myself - have left my "thank you" last Tuesday but am now jumping at the chance to repeat that explicitely!

Best wishes - 🐺

• Like 1

Let me add my thanks for this valuable resource. I hope you're around for another 20!

• Like 1

And for many of those 20 years this site has been the first stop-off for experienced players and beginners - many thanks Paul and Ken!

• Like 1