New English Concertina Tutor

18 hours ago, John Wild said:

Is it in stock at the moment?

Hi John,

I am afraid it sold out for now. They are on order and should be with me in a few weeks.

Please email me if want me to contact you or anyone when they come back into stock.

info@redcowmusic.co.uk

Thank you 

Steve

Edited by Steve Morrison

5 hours ago, Steve Morrison said:

Hi John,

I am afraid it sold out for now. They are on order and should be with me in a few weeks.

Please email me if want me to contact you or anyone when they come back into stock.

info@redciwmusic.co.uk

Thank you 

Steve

Thank you. I am considering a birthday gift for a friend. If you could post a notice here when in stock, that would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This book is now back in stock at https://redcowmusic.co.uk/product/contemplating-the-concertina/

If you’re an intermediate or better English concertina player with a good grasp of music theory who wants to move beyond “session tunes” into more complex music and playing techniques, this is definitely the book for you. Be warned: on the very first page of tuition Mr Atlas will have you playing a scale of C# Major in six sharps, as an exercise to familiarise yourself with the enharmonic accidental buttons which the odds are you’ll never have touched before.

If you’re prepared to put the work in, this book will teach you a LOT, but you will have to put in a lot to achieve that.

The only book on the market today which teaches advanced playing techniques. Highly recommended!

44 minutes ago, Steve Morrison said:

Be warned: on the very first page of tuition Mr Atlas will have you playing a scale of C# Major in six sharps

I don’t have my copy at hand to see what’s actually there, but the key of C# Major has seven sharps (yes, both E# and B#).

Edited by David Barnert

On 4/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Steve Morrison said:

This book is now back in stock at https://redcowmusic.co.uk/product/contemplating-the-concertina/

Be warned: on the very first page of tuition Mr Atlas will have you playing a scale of C# Major in six sharps, as an exercise to familiarise yourself with the enharmonic accidental buttons which the odds are you’ll never have touched before.

C# Major in however many sharps is just D flat major (5 flats with D flat using C# instead) You run across that in F minor or A flat major as well.

The real fun is to play in B# major with double sharps - B# C## D## etc