CP: Updates to my iOS Concertina and ConcertinaXL Apps

The new versions of Concertina for iPhone and Concertina XL for iPhone/iPad just approved by Apple (on 7/31/2018) have a new transpose option that will allow you to shift the entire instrument up or down up to one octave in semitone increments.

Set the transpose to -2 for a Bb/F concertina, or -3 for an A/E.

Set the transpose to -12 for a Bass Baritone concertina or +12 for a piccolo concertina.

Touch the number next to the transpose slider to reset the transpose to zero.

These versions also have all the improvements of last week's update so they play quickly and sound great.

Look for the updates later tonight on the iTunes App Store!

If you don't already have it, the original iPhone Concertina version is still free.

No ads or in-app purchases, truly free, I want anyone with an iPhone who wants a virtual Anglo Concertina to have one. And, yes you could run it on an iPad if you're too cheap to buy the full iPad version. 1f642.png?

The iPhone/iPad 30-button ConcertinaXL version is $2.99 because I'm generous, but still have bills to pay. 1f642.png?

Both require iOS 10 or later.

These apps are iOS-only, I have no plans to port them to Android. Don't get me started on how much Android is problematicfor low-latency high-performance audio apps..

Video of ConcertinaXL for iPad/iPhone:

OK, I just submitted an update to the Duettina Hayden Concertina and the Englitina English Concertina apps for iPhone that add the +/- one octave transpose in semitone increments feature. Should be out by Aug 5, 2018 or so as a free update to the existing users, $1.99 for new users when the update is available.

1 hour ago, eskin said:

OK, I just submitted an update to the Duettina Hayden Concertina and the Englitina English Concertina apps for iPhone that add the +/- one octave transpose in semitone increments feature. Should be out by Aug 5, 2018 or so as a free update to the existing users, $1.99 for new users when the update is available.

Thanks. I’d even have paid for it.

1 hour ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

fine - thanks a lot!

Wolf! Are you playing Hayden now, too? Or are you responding to the Englitina part?

1 hour ago, David Barnert said:

Thanks. I’d even have paid for it.

Wolf! Are you playing Hayden now, too? Or are you responding to the Englitina part?

No, I don't play Hayden, but I do have the Duettina app that is a Hayden inspired layout.  I figured I might as well add the transpose option to all the iPhone app, so once this set of updates (submitted 2 Aug 2018) get approved, all the iPhone concertina apps will have transposition as a feature. This includes Concertina, Englitina, Duettina (Hayden), and the newly resurrected Canntina (MacCann right side).

1 minute ago, eskin said:

No, I don't play Hayden, but I do have the Duettina app that is a Hayden inspired layout.  I figured I might as well add the transpose option to all the iPhone app, so once this set of updates (submitted 2 Aug 2018) get approved, all the iPhone concertina apps will have transposition as a feature. This includes Concertina, Englitina, Duettina (Hayden), and the newly resurrected Canntina (MacCann right side).

Oh, your comment was meant for someone else... ?

49 minutes ago, Little John said:

When is the Crane version coming?

Darned Concertina players and your never ending varieties of instruments. ?

Yours is the first request I've had for a Crane in 8 years.  If I get enough requests, I'll consider it. 

Do you have a preferred layout diagram you can refer me to as I'm not a Crane player.

44 minutes ago, eskin said:

Darned Concertina players and your never ending varieties of instruments. ?

Yours is the first request I've had for a Crane in 8 years.  If I get enough requests, I'll consider it. 

Do you have a preferred layout diagram you can refer me to as I'm not a Crane player.

I would be content with the right hand side of a 42 button instrument. See here: http://www.craneconcertina.com/layouts.html