55 key Lachenal Maccan For Sale

Dirge

Small at 6 3/4" across the flats but with 7 fold bellows and RH going down to middle C, so a really useful size and range,   no. 3981 was fully rebuilt by Mike Acott last year for me but I did not really take to it (spoilt by a diet of aeolas!) so it's for sale for £1750.  Donation to Cnet if it sells of course.  It's still a bit stiff needing playing in,  but ready to go and will benefit from being used regularly.  It comes in a tin case made for a German thingy which does give it some pro tection.  View/test run in Somerset,  but don't leave it too long,  it goes on ebay in a few days .

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

Edited by Dirge

• 3 weeks later...

It's in Wells;  but I'm on;ly there until sunday myself.  I was going to leave it to deal with next year but if you can get over fairly fast pm me a phone no I'll ring you.

Edited by Dirge

Don't mind the previous post, I found a diagram.

That instrument is a beauty, size-wise and number-of-keys-wise it's an ideal. I just wish the left hand could go lower; I would gladly sacrifice most of the overlap if that allowed to go a fourth lower, at G.

Hope its' new proprietary will let us hear how it sounds!

Hallo folks;   although I still have the 'box  and want to sell it,  doing so would be difficult at the moment as it is still in Wells and I am back in NZ.   I've decided to leave it until next year. 

(If anyone is really desperate you'd better email me...)

• 9 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:24 PM, Dirge said:

Small at 6 3/4" across the flats but with 7 fold bellows and RH going down to middle C, so a really useful size and range,   no. 3981 was fully rebuilt by Mike Acott in 2017  for me but I did not really take to it (spoilt by a diet of aeolas!) so it's for sale,  £1750.  Donation to Cnet if it sells of course.  It's still a bit stiff needing playing in,  but ready to go and will benefit from being used regularly.  It comes in a tin case made for a German thingy which does give it some protection.  View/test run in Somerset .

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3538.JPG

Right I shall be back in Somerset in a week or so and would like to have another go at selling this.  I have a forum member wanting to try it;  she gets first go.