Nice videos on the Wakker Hayden duet by Jim Bayliss

On 7/12/2018 at 1:27 AM, Wolf Molkentin said:

Well, David, I‘m doing things like that from time to time deliberately, as I‘m not playing for dancers (and in fact this waltz is not the tune to demand a change of this approach IMO). ?

Why would a pairing of triple time and four-four not work in general then?

Best wishes - ?

I guess most of my playing is for dancing, and even when not, I strive for a sound that is danceable.

4 hours ago, David Barnert said:

I guess most of my playing is for dancing, and even when not, I strive for a sound that is danceable.

but would we necessarily have to bother switching from one beat to a different one then?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
added missing word

10 hours ago, mdarnton said:

Can you restate that, please? I'm not understanding it.

If you should be referring to my last post: We had been discussing a pairing of a tune in triple time with one in regular time as suggested from my side, see above (on previous page).

On 7/13/2018 at 11:30 PM, David Barnert said:

On 7/14/2018 at 3:53 AM, Wolf Molkentin said:

but would we necessarily have to bother switching from one beat to a different one then?

On 7/14/2018 at 7:06 AM, mdarnton said:

Can you restate that, please? I'm not understanding it.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:40 PM, Wolf Molkentin said:

If you should be referring to my last post: We had been discussing a pairing of a tune in triple time with one in regular time as suggested from my side, see above (on previous page).

Sorry, Wolf, but I have to say I don’t understand it either.

• 10 months later...

Hi.  I just discovered this thread and appreciate everybody's comments.  I'll say that the 46-key Wakker Hayden is a W-1 with 3 reeds placed in the center of the reed pans.  I now also have a 65 key WW-2 and hope to get around to some more uploads. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, Jim Bayliss said:

Hi.  I just discovered this thread and appreciate everybody's comments.  I'll say that the 46-key Wakker Hayden is a W-1 with 3 reeds placed in the center of the reed pans.  I now also have a 65 key WW-2 and hope to get around to some more uploads. 

I'd love to hear you play this 65 key WW-2! There aren't many players using such instruments out there, and given what you were able to get from that 46-keys WW-1 I'm really looking forward hearing what you can come up with!