Anybody for tunes, Buffalo, NY to Albany?

I'll be on the road for a while this summer, following some cyclers biking the Erie Canal, and always looking for folks who want to play some tunes along the way.  

Anybody? PM me, or email direct: concertinist@gmail.com .  

Also would love to find some English tunes sessions, but I suppose that's too much to ask.

Hello Jim.  I don't play English myself, I'm 3 or 4 months into Jeffries Duet,  But I know some folks That I believe are playing English out and about.  We are on the south plateau above the Mohawk-Little Falls area near Cooperstown NY.  Lots of music and beautiful scenery here, perhaps if you could stand a mixed session with a fiddle or two?  With your permission I'll pass along your info.  we're about 20 min. from the canal, and bike trail.

Erik

19 minutes ago, wunks said:

Hello Jim.  I don't play English myself, I'm 3 or 4 months into Jeffries Duet,  But I know some folks That I believe are playing English out and about.  We are on the south plateau above the Mohawk-Little Falls area near Cooperstown NY.  Lots of music and beautiful scenery here, perhaps if you could stand a mixed session with a fiddle or two?  With your permission I'll pass along your info.  we're about 20 min. from the canal, and bike trail.

Erik

Hi Erik - that sounds great.  I play Anglo, lots of English ceilidh, Morris and Playford tunes , but love playing with just about anybody.  Mixed sessions are always great.

BTW, I was a music colleague of the late Big Nick Robertshaw, one of the true masters of the Jeffries duet.  If you haven't encountered his music, you should!

jb

I have come across his delightful playing but only recently while searching for other players of this strange beast.  Can I send you a PM after I talk to some folks (if I can figure out how;  the computer is much more baffling to me than the Jeffries seems to be.)?

Erik

I am emailing you a message I got today about two Old Time jams in the area. If you’re interested, we can go together to the one on Monday (3PM). We could also hang out, have lunch, and play tunes at my house (address in the email) or in the courtyard, if weather permits.

By the way, about 40 years ago, I found an old (1860s) map of Albany, traced the route of the original Erie Canal (now gone) onto a modern road map and spent a Saturday biking it from where it took off from the Hudson River in Albany to where it crossed the Mohawk River over a viaduct in Schenectady. Found a lot of neat things we can talk about Monday.