The Reed Lounge

Has anyone purchased a concertina from The Reed Lounge in York? Curious about anyone's experience, the quality of the instrument you purchased, how accurate was their description of it and how were the delivery times?

many thanks,

Gina

My goodness, I drove right past there on my way to Swaledale in May (my first visit to UK in twenty years) and didn't know about them. Live and learn. I probably didn't need any more temptation anyway.

Someone here probably knows something.

Ken

I have never purchased from them but I know Murray Grainger who runs the reed lounge, he is a competent musician on the accordion and has a lot of experience with the various brands of free reed instruments - be they accordions melodeons, concertinas, he used to work for the music room before they sadly closed. He is an all round good guy and I would vouch for him as an honest trader.

I hope this is helpful

• 1 month later...

Just bought the recently advertised Lachenal duet from there Reed Lounge. Made an appointment and visited to try the duet. Friendly reception, no pressure to buy. Plenty of time to try it.  Tuning excellent, new pads. Bought it, now need to learn to play. Previously played Anglo.

Edited by Jiveman
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 7:37 PM, Jake Middleton-Metcalfe said:

I have never purchased from them but I know Murray Grainger who runs the reed lounge, he is a competent musician on the accordion and has a lot of experience with the various brands of free reed instruments - be they accordions melodeons, concertinas, he used to work for the music room before they sadly closed. He is an all round good guy and I would vouch for him as an honest trader.

I hope this is helpful

I too have known Murray for a long time, when he first joined the music room. I have always respected him and have sent people to him on the quest for thier next concertinas

• 3 weeks later...

I bought online a Lachenal 20 buttons (one year ago) and was quite happy with reed lounge service.

The concertina was in very good working condition etc... (eventually one button needed more air to sound but I guess this is usually the case with lower end concertina).

I send him some questions in order to buy a concertina but got no response since a week...don't know what is going on...maybe just too busy. 

Best