Concertina Playgroup - Softplay

Just a quick message from Rosalie,

lesoncontinu at Chateau d’Ars  July 12 - 15 2018

All known  or suspected concertina players are most cordially invited to join us for a

Concertina Playgroup - probably at 3pm on Friday 13.

Enquire chez Pierrot Accordeons for more information

Don't forget your instrument! All systems and abilities welcome

Edited by John Dipper

Two  things:

Anyone  driving  to France  this year  will need to know that the  'open'  speed limit  on   non dual carriageway  roads  has been reduced  from 90  to 80 kph  from the beginning of this month  but not all the new speed signs  are in place  yet,  so take   care  because  as far as I know the  new limit applies  even if the the old signs  are still there!

What   does " Concertina Playgroup- Softplay"  mean ?    Wooden ended  concertinas only ??

Edited by Geoff Wooff

It consists of a fully padded, soft play area with ball park, slides, rope swings and areial runways. Warning, some grown-ups may get stuck. Oops, wrong thread. 

No, more of a crèche for long suffering better halves to drop their errant partners off at, for some tunes and comraderie 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jake Middleton-Metcalfe said:

I really have to get to that festival some day it sounds very good

From an instrument maker's  point of view  displaying one's goods  at    this festival  is  a good way to boost  the   orders book.  Some  of the French  luthiers  gain much of their year's work  from this , and other,  festivals.  One might need  enough  stock on hand to make  a  reasonable display  although  I've seen  several  new makers  start small  by sharing a stand. I can imagine that one or two  demonstrator  instruments  would suffice  .  Although  I do not meet  a huge  number of concertina players  in France ,musicians  do  come  from all over the world  to  look at the  luthiers  stands.

Further to my comments about the new speed limit;    we popped out for a few  supplies  this morning   and   took  stock of the road  signs ( doesn't one always ?)     and realised, of course ,that  there are no  90  signs, or even  80's  around  here....  there is just  the   end  of  restricted speeds  , like a 50  or 70 with a diagonal line through...  what speed is allowed  after that   is supposed to  be known  by the driver.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

2 hours ago, Geoff Wooff said:

Further to my comments about the new speed limit;    we popped out for a few  supplies  this morning   and   took  stock of the road  signs ( doesn't one always ?)     and realised, of course ,that  there are no  90  signs, or even  80's  around  here....  there is just  the   end  of  restricted speeds  , like a 50  or 70 with a diagonal line through...  what speed is allowed  after that   is supposed to  be known  by the driver.

That's very useful local information for me Geoff. I'll bear it in mind. Thanks.