My web site is (finally) up to date

Hi, All -

I've been away from c.net for a long time and away from my own web site for longer... but that doesn't mean that nothing has happened! The site is now updated - the latest fun starts at this section ("Twelve years later (2018)"):

http://concertinamatters.se/styled-25/index.html

All the best,

/Henrik

• Like 3

Well done, it is great to see how the design seems to have developed alongside your playing, and how the design has been subtly developed with regards to key spacing. It was great to have a go on this at the last consairtin.

I tentatively suggest... Perhaps other people might also benefit from playing an English concertina of this design.

Thanks for the writeup, Henrik. It's a lovely instrument.

3 hours ago, Jake Middleton-Metcalfe said:

I tentatively suggest... Perhaps other people might also benefit from playing an English concertina of this design.

As it happens, I'm soon going to be Müllerizing a Wheatstone English for another member of this forum. The conversion is fully reversible because it involves making new action boxes to fit the original bellows frames.

Again, well done Henrik. The updated website gives an excellent insight into the development of your fascinating design ideas. 

Your building and design skills are impressive. It is great that your work is being recognised and taken up by others. 

On 6/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, alex_holden said:

Thanks for the writeup, Henrik. It's a lovely instrument.

As it happens, I'm soon going to be Müllerizing a Wheatstone English for another member of this forum. The conversion is fully reversible because it involves making new action boxes to fit the original bellows frames.

Alex that is great. As an EC player you will be better able to understand Henrik's design than I was, as I play Anglo I was not really able to make much of it when I had a go - other than "this feels comfortable" *plays a few random notes*

Edited by Jake Middleton-Metcalfe

• 3 months later...

Fantastic journey and a compelling read. I didn't fully get "why" until 

http://concertinamatters.se/styled-25/styled-18/index.html

Explained the button spacing. So - fewer buttons allows wider button spacing. Buttons that push down to level with the ends. Wrist straps on an EC.

I think I get it now - Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tiposx

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Tiposx - it dawned on me that a well-defined description of the main features of the design was in order. And obviously it was!

Button spacing

It’s not that the fewer buttons led to wider spacing - like “Oh, I need fewer buttons, so now I can have wider spacing!” Wider spacing was the goal in itself, the dimensions simply copied from the litle Stagi I felt so comfortable with.  The fewer buttons came out of two things: 

1. A good number of #s and bs I would never need.
  2. The top 8-10 notes I wouldn’t need either - which was good, since I wouldn’t have been able to reach them, because of the increased vertical spacing

Two things limit the number of top notes (1) When you can’t reach them, and (2) when the top levers become unrealisticly short.

Button that travel down to the ends

This feature had more positive impact on playing than I could have foreseen. Together with the wider button spacing it allows for more creative fingering.

Straps

I use the word “hand straps” to distinquish them from English concertina wrist straps. They sit across the hand at an angle.

Just being picky ?

/Henrik

• 7 months later...