Munster Cloak

2 hours ago, Robin Harrison said:

Ab ? What old friend have you got there ?

Well Robin, it's Canadian, eh?

Graham:  You would be yet one more reason to wish to live in the Cotswolds.  Thanks for the morning treat.  

BTW.  That Peacock knows how to fly, it has just landed in Edinburgh.

Edited by Don Taylor

16 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

can't listen to anything right now, but then what happend to theJeffries? 

That Jeffries, I kept for about 25 years. I should have kept a tally of what has passed through, there have been around 6 other Jeffries, but I am now happy with what I have. I have tried every system, and I think it has all helped, but it is 30 button G/D wheatstone system anglo that wins out. 

Yes, I still have the Model 22, playing the english would less than 5% of my practice, but a few tunes have stuck that I struggle with on the anglo. I rarely take it out of the house. I find there is nearly always another way of playing with the anglo,  the fifth jump at least 3 obvious ways; on the english, always a problem I have never overcome well enough. Mistakes with the anglo, easy to overlook and recover from, the english much less so.

2 hours ago, Graham Collicutt said:

That Jeffries, I kept for about 25 years. I should have kept a tally of what has passed through, there have been around 6 other Jeffries, but I am now happy with what I have. I have tried every system, and I think it has all helped, but it is 30 button G/D wheatstone system anglo that wins out.

Sounds good (and I simply love the G/D range as a listener) - was just wondering....

2 hours ago, Graham Collicutt said:

Yes, I still have the Model 22, playing the english would less than 5% of my practice, but a few tunes have stuck that I struggle with on the anglo. I rarely take it out of the house. I find there is nearly always another way of playing with the anglo,  the fifth jump at least 3 obvious ways; on the english, always a problem I have never overcome well enough. Mistakes with the anglo, easy to overlook and recover from, the english much less so.

Albeit not being aware of that particular problem (can't recall a single tune with a fifth jump offhand, to begin with), I agree that the English system is quite unforgiving, a bit like a pipe organ where mistakes are nearly always an awful thing...

Best wishes - ?

Drowsy Maggie - of course ?

Definitely not an easy one, but the fifth jump doesn't seem to trouble me here as far as I can recall - maybe it's because I'm resting the instrument rotated through 1/6 (or now, with the TT, 1/8), as compared to what most fellow players appear to do?