Concertina Jeffries Maker 39 bits

Niki

4 hours ago, Orm said:

It looks like a scum to me

I wouldn't go that far - if not in fact harmless, the name "scam" might be sufficient... ?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
erasing grammatical error

Can we remind everyone to keep things civil? If everyone remembers to use sense and caution when contemplating any sale or purchase (and our various language limitations), speculation by the rest of us shouldn't be necessary. Thank you.

Ken

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Niki said:

Good night thank you very much for the comments but I'm not bastard and the concertina exists

my remark hadn‘t been adressed at you but the previous poster - I‘m sorry should I have nevertheless caused offence

15 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

I wouldn't go that far - if not in fact harmless, the name "scam" might be sufficient... ?

oh my of course I didn´t mean that, thanks for correcting me, and I´m sorry. I didn't want to insult anyone. Should have learned English language better.

What I wanted to say - I am from Eastern Europe myself and it does look a bit suspicious to me. Not giving the telephone number but asking for one, for example. Also it's unclear how exactly this concertina ended up in the hands of the owner.

But of course everybody can decide for himself. If such a remark shouldn't exist in the sale thread I can remove my comments.

Best,
Roman

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 8:38 PM, Tazzy said:

PM sent, I am from Czech republic and can meet in person in Prague

Maybe @Tazzy will be able to tell anyone considering a purchase more at some point...

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
deleting redundant word

Yes, I will meet with the seller (hopefully next week) and will post some update here on the forum. I own Jeffries, which I've bought through this forum from Paul Read and which has been restored by Colin Dipper, so I believe I am able to judge the condition, playability and estimate the overhaul price. Surprisingly I can still read cyrillic (learned before Velvet revolution in 1989) and even though Ukrainian is different language, I understand enough to trust the seller is genuine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, we have finally met, the guy is real ?as well as the concertina.

It is 38key Bb/F in old pitch, not much playable now - missing handstraps, out of tune, some a bit rusty reeds, cracked action board on RH (few ghosty notes at a time) and other leaks (pads, valves need to be replaced). Those notes on LH (without crack) sound promising, difficult to judge RH. I have bought it to bring it to playing condition, though it will take some time and money, will post pictures and recording when the project is completed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tazzy said:

So, we have finally met, the guy is real ?as well as the concertina.

It is 38key Bb/F in old pitch, not much playable now - missing handstraps, out of tune, some a bit rusty reeds, cracked action board on RH (few ghosty notes at a time) and other leaks (pads, valves need to be replaced). Those notes on LH (without crack) sound promising, difficult to judge RH. I have bought it to bring it to playing condition, though it will take some time and money, will post pictures and recording when the project is completed.

That's good to learn - however I reckon what you've paid is not near 6 k$.... ?

Good luck from me as well!