Temperature conditions

I'm leaving tomorrow to go camping. Normally I would take my concertina with me. However, it is supposed to get into the 90s F (30s C, I think). Obviously this is not good for an instrument, but how bad is it? I'm dealing with an Elise and I've already ordered a Beaumont, so it's not a huge monetary issue. But I still don't want to ruin my instrument. Am I okay to bring the Elise for three days, or should she stay at home? 

My memory (!) of my Elise is that the internal wood is plywood, not likely to go wonky in the heat or humidity.  Mine got into the 80's F with no hint of trouble.  I'd have taken mine if we were camping together.  Usual precautions - use the case, no sudden changes of temp or humidity, and no sunbathing! 

Glad you ordered the Beaumont. My first hours with my Beaumont after enjoying the Elise were magical. What a difference! 

Daniel 

Edited by W3DW

As Daniel says, the Elise should be fine but you would have to be more careful with a Beaumont because it has waxed in reeds.

An ambient temperature in the 90s would be OK, just don't leave it inside on the parcel shelf of a closed car.  Not fatal, but it might be a heck of a mess to clean up and a lot of work to put all of the reeds back into place.

I would take the Elise camping and leave the Beaumont at home.

I recalled another fact from last summer: we traveled the whole summer in our RV and the Elise traveled along.  While we have air conditioning while we camp, the trailer gets pretty hot while we were pulling it.  The trailer thermometer maintains a minimum and maximum reading, and the trailer reached 101F at some point, and the Elise was fine. 

My Beaumont accompanies me on our travels this summer. Perhaps I'll bring it into our tow vehicle on our hottest travel days. 

Daniel 

Although I do not have a Beaumont, I am curious at what temperature accordion wax does melt.  Does anyone know?  This has always been an issue in the back of my mind when in times past I have considered the Beaumount as I do quite a bit of road travel, and wherever I go the concertina frequently goes.