WANTED - Suttner / Wally Carroll concertina

I currently play a 30 key C/G Lachenal concertina and feel that it’s time to upgrade. Would anyone know of someone selling a decent concertina? Would prefer a Suttner or Carroll concertina, a 38 key if possible. Any help much appreciated. 

Ciara

Edited by Ciara Kinsella

Might be hard pressed to find a 38button Suttner or Carroll on the market.

You can try contacting Chris over at barleycorn concertinas to see what vintage stock he has http://www.concertina.co.uk  I believe he usually has more than what's listed on his website.

I own a Suttner myself and I've had the opportunity to play a couple Carrolls, absolutely wonderful instruments.  Might be worthwhile getting on one (or both!) of their wait lists.  Both are around a 2.5year wait (according to their websites which isn't really too bad).  You might save some money this way too. A few years ago I waited almost 5 years for my Suttner to be built and I can say it was definitely worth the long agonizing wait!

44 minutes ago, Jewish Leprechaun said:

Might be hard pressed to find a 38button Suttner or Carroll on the market.

You can try contacting Chris over at barleycorn concertinas to see what vintage stock he has http://www.concertina.co.uk  I believe he usually has more than what's listed on his website.

I own a Suttner myself and I've had the opportunity to play a couple Carrolls, absolutely wonderful instruments.  Might be worthwhile getting on one (or both!) of their wait lists.  Both are around a 2.5year wait (according to their websites which isn't really too bad).  You might save some money this way too. A few years ago I waited almost 5 years for my Suttner to be built and I can say it was definitely worth the long agonizing wait!

2,5 years for a new Suttner don‘t seem realistic to my knowledge.