Pirate Songs for Concertina - new book!

gcoover

Having just bought a Herrington Anglo and needing learning material, I bought this book along with Gary's "Easy Anglo 1-2-3" and "Anglo Concertina in the Harmonic Style".  I think that I had as much fun playing the Pirate songs on my Crane!  These are the good ones, though I'd love to see "She's a Liverpool Packet" ... though I can probably make that up by myself.  Thank you Gary ... I'm looking forward to your Western Songs book!

• 1 month later...

Finally! All the proper paperwork has worked its way through Microsoft's corporate legal department and the updated printing of Pirate Songs for Concertina is now available.

The most exciting new addition is Robin Beanland's "Grogg Mayles" from the Sea of Thieves online game. And wouldn't you know it, due to the tunes in the book being in alphabetical order this 2-page tune landed squarely on one page front and back. So, of course, I had to add a couple of 1-page tunes fore and aft to make sure "Grogg Mayles" was on facing pages: "Goodbye Fare Thee Well" and "Hogeye Man". And, I also added "Way Me Susiana" because, well, just because I could. So the grand total is something like 72 tunes. If you previously purchased a copy of the book and would like to get these 4 new tunes, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll be happy to send you the supplement.

"International Talk Like a Pirate Day" is coming up really soon, so, here's your chance to also play like a pirate and amaze your friends!

Gary

Edited by gcoover

• 3 weeks later...

In honor of "Play Like a Pirate Day" I be needin' to say a hearty shout out to Robin Beanland for this photo of ye book alongside the very concertina used to record all the concertina parts in the Sea of Thieves video game. Arrr!

GroggMayles-Beanland.jpg

Edited by gcoover

• 2 years later...