Anglo Hand Straps wanted

Where can I buy a set of hand straps appropriate for an old Lachenal anglo? I have not been involved in concertina world for a while. Button Box doesn't seem to show any. Concertina Connection has some but click on buy is a dead end. Ebay is dubious. Can someone recommend a quality source? I'm used to what I had on a Dipper restored Jeffries.

27 minutes ago, Erik Murray said:

Where can I buy a set of hand straps appropriate for an old Lachenal anglo? I have not been involved in concertina world for a while. Button Box doesn't seem to show any. Concertina Connection has some but click on buy is a dead end. Ebay is dubious. Can someone recommend a quality source? I'm used to what I had on a Dipper restored Jeffries.

Where are you?

If in the U.K., send one the old straps to (for example) Nigel Sture at Concertinas U.K.  and he will use it as a template to cut new straps.

I think that any of the other fettlers will provide the same service (eg: https://concertina-spares.com/). If you are elsewhere (North America

for example), one of your 'local' fettlers will do the same. Contact them first though, to make sure...

Roger

Edited by lachenal74693

I'm in Florida, USA.  The instrument has no straps on it. I'll make some from alligator if necessary but I hoped something more or less standard that works with the known makers typical arrangement would be available. I can modify as necessary.

Edited by Erik Murray

14 minutes ago, Erik Murray said:

I'm in Florida, USA.  The instrument has no straps on it.

Ah! that's a slight problem. Have a look at this list and see if any of the outfits listed there might be able to help.

These straps are pretty much a standard(ish) size, so you might be able to buy them 'off the shelf'? This outfit

(https://concertina-spares.com/) seem to do 'em 'off the shelf'.

Edited by lachenal74693

10 minutes ago, Erik Murray said:

Good leads there, thank you.

My pleasure - all part of the service...

The alligator-hide straps sound pretty cool. We don't have that many alligators here in Manchester, though I used to

know a man who found a crocodile on a cricket pitch in about 1960 (this is a true story)...

Edited by lachenal74693

4 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

I seem to recall your being at home in Brixham, Roger 

I returned to God's country - the North-West of England - far too many pesky alligators in Brixham...

2 hours ago, lachenal74693 said:

I returned to God's country - the North-West of England - far too many pesky alligators in Brixham...

Indeed - had already pictured you on board the Pilgrim on a sea of alligators ?